UnRen is a handy tool designed to help users enable the hidden console and developer menu of any Ren’Py game. Today, we’ll guide you through the steps of how to use UnRen appropriately.
If you’re into Ren’Py games and you’re yet to learn about UnRen, chances are you are living under a rock or you are one of those folks who do not fancy the idea of implementing cheats into their games.
UnRen, at its core, is arguably a must if you play Ren’Py games. It is a handy tool that can be used to skip boring in-game dialogues, see the variables of any Ren’Py game by enabling the console and developer menu, and much more.
With UnRen, users can painlessly extract RPA packages, decompile RPA files, enable quick save and load, and even force skipping and scrollback in any Ren’Py game with the click of a button.
Albeit simplistic, figuring out how to use UnRen can be a pretty daunting task, hence this article. So assuming you’re looking to simplify your gaming experience, here’s how to use UnRen.
How to Use UnRen
Before we delve into how to use UnRen, it is important to know that the tool is available both on Windows PCs, macOS, and Linux. So without further ado, here’s how to use UnRen, depending on your operating system.
- To begin with, we are assuming you already have a Ren’Py game installed on your Windows PC.
- Now download the latest version of UnRen from this page on F95zone.to and extract the zip using WinRAR or 7-Zip to obtain the .bat file.
- Next up, copy the UnRen-1.0.11.bat file to either the Ren’Py game’s root directory (i.e., where the game’s.exe is located) or its “game/” subdirectory.
- With that done, double-click on UnRen-1.0.11.bat to open the file, and you’ll be presented with a sheer amount of options.
- Now go ahead and select the option you want by clicking on the corresponding number on your computer keyboard, and you’ll be good to go.
On macOS and Linux:
- To get this one going, make sure you have Python 2.7.10 installed on your macOS.
- Next up, download, unzip, and double-click to launch UnRen.command.
- This will open a terminal window; simply drag and drop the Ren’Py game you’re looking to modify into the terminal and press Enter.
- That’s it. You can now follow the on-screen instructions to execute or activate the options you want.
So this is literally the ultimate way to use UnRen without breaking sweat. If you encounter any issue or error of some sort while following this guide, simply notify us using the comment box below, and we will reply as soon as we can.