Forget Bluestack, here’s how to easily sideload the Android Emulator Nox Player on any PC.
Do you love playing games on your Android device? Do you wish you could play your favorite games on your computer? While some mobile games are available for desktop use, you often have to purchase separate competitions for each device, and more often than not, the desktop versions are not the same as the mobile ones. Well, now, that is no longer an issue. By installing Nox Player Android Emulator on your computer, you can enjoy all your Android games without having to buy separate versions.
How to Download Nox Player
Nox Player is pretty simple to download – all you need is a free Google account:
- Using your desktop browser, open the linked Nox Player website and download the version for your operating system
- When the emulator has downloaded, click the icon to open it
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions and click Install
- Choose between Online (quick) and Offline (slow) installation
- Wait while Nox Player installs, and the icon will load on your desktop.
How to Use Nox Player:
Nox Player is easy to use:
- Open Nox Player and let it set up
- You will see the home screen load with some apps on it – one of those is Google Play Store
- Click the Play Store icon and sign in with your Google details
- Alternatively, click on Set Up New Account
- Either continue setting up the emulator or skip the rest and go straight to the main screen
- When it’s all finished, you will see extra icons on the side – download APKs. File Transfers and more
Now you can download all your favorite games from the Play Store. Be aware that if you don’t already own an app or game and it requires payment, you will still need to pay for it.
Nox Emulator Features:
Nox Player is incredibly powerful and provides all these cool features:
- Fast Downloads – Nox Player offers incredibly high-speed, smooth downloads.
- Custom Settings – Some settings can be customized, including setting the number of CPUs and how much RAM you want Nox Player to use.
- External Controller Compatibility – Nox offers support for multiple external game controllers, unlike most Android devices.
- Device Emulation – Nox can emulate your mobile device, including your phone number, device model, IMEI, and more.
- Root Access – Nox Player, is rooted out-of-the-box with SuperUser, giving you easy access to your file system.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Here is everything you need to know about the Nox Player Android emulator:
What is Nox Player?
Nox Player is a lite yet powerful Android emulator, free to use, and incredibly reliable. Using it on your desktop allows you to enjoy your Android apps and games on a bigger screen, with more available space and RAM, faster processors, and everything else your computer offers over your mobile device.
Is Nox Player Safe?
Yes. The developers are constantly monitoring it, and it passed all major antimalware and antivirus tests with flying colors.
Is it Free?
Yes, and there are no plans to ever charge for it either.
How Does Nox Player Compare to BlueStacks?
Both are great emulators, but Nox Player is that little bit better:
- BlueStacks is a bigger emulator, but it is starting to lag in performance terms, especially for gaming, which is where Nox Player takes up the slack.
- Nox Player is an easier emulator to root.
- BlueStacks scored highly on benchmark tests, but Nox Player was better, using fewer resources and offering higher performance.
Steps to Add a Game Controller to Nox:
- Open Nox Player and plug your controller into your computer
- When you see the controller icon appear in Nox player, click it
- The controller settings open – make the changes you want, save everything, and exit
- Now you can use your controller.
Fixing Error 1020/1008 – Virtual Machine Failed to Start
- Reboot your computer and then temporarily disable your antivirus and firewall
- Right-click on Nox player and click Open File Location
- Click Nox to open the file folder
- Click noxvm folder and right-click NOXVM
- Click Run as Administrator, and the error disappears
Fixing Error 1005 – Outdated Graphics Card
- In Nox Player, open Multiplayer and choose Rendering Mode
- Change it to OpenGL or DX
- Reboot Nox, and it should work
If not, you need to update the drivers for your graphics card. If that doesn’t fix it, your card is not supported by Nox Player.
Fixing Error 1006 – Nox Needs to Reboot
This error usually appears when you are using an old version of Nox Player. Open the official website and download the most up-to-date version. If you already have the latest version, follow the steps to change the rendering mode, and the error should disappear.
Nox Player is one of the best and most powerful Android emulators, so install it now and start enjoying your favorite Android games in comfort.